Active Residency in Andorra
Obtain the Andorran residency, whether it is the active residency or passive, grants a series of rights, including family reunification and / or registration of your current vehicle in Andorra if it is less than 4 years old.
In addition, you can request the validation of your driving license from your country of origin to obtain the Andorran driving license. You can also buy a property in the country, have a bank account and of course, live and enjoy all the economic rights of Andorran citizens. One of the most interesting benefits is that you can also enjoy the Andorran Tax System, which is characterized by its low impact on the net income of its citizens.
Necessary requirements to obtain an active residency permit in Andorra
The active residency is focused on businessmen and entrepreneurs who create a company in Andorra. They will work more as CEO and administrators of the company created in Andorran territory.
But for this, it is necessary to meet all the following requirements:
- Present a certificate of criminal record without financial crimes or money laundering (essential and applicable in all cases).
- Also if you have more than 20% of the shares of a company created in Andorra or that you have acquired in Andorra or that is just created.
- Or if you are involved in the administration of an Andorran company and work actively in it.
- You must be registered with the Andorran Social Security Fund, CASS.
- Live a minimum of 183 days a year in Andorra.
- Make a deposit of 15,000 EUR as a guarantee in the AFA, which is the regulatory element and the country’s financial authority.
Important: Before the Andorran Administration, apart from all these requirements, you need to present documentation. You must present sufficient proof of your residence, through the rental contract of a property or if, on the contrary, you already own a property in Andorra. This property must be your usual residence.
Also, the Immigration Department of the Government of Andorra subjects all those who request active residence to undergo a medical examination.
All these requirements are necessary and mandatory to obtain the residency permit card in Andorra.
What documents do you need to apply for active residency in Andorra:
- Copy of your Passport: This must be valid. You must present your passport physically or by means of a legalized copy in your country of origin.
- Criminal Record Certificate: Present the criminal record certificate from your current country of residence. But if you were born in a country other than the one listed in your current residence, you will also need a criminal record certificate from your country of birth.
All foreign documents that are provided must be legalized and with the Hague apostille.